From: Karen Sullivan <greymare@jps.net>
To: ridecamp@endurance.net
Subject: RC:  .....and now for something completely different
Date: March 30, 2000 12:56 PM

Okay, enough about bone density, size and training......let me describe
Lake County,
Calif. in the springtime.  Put the two babies and good old reliable Ashley
in the trailer, two dogs and hauled down to Cache creek. 45min walk up
gorgeous trail over ridge to creek.  Incredible views of creek canyon,
rushing creek below, bald Eagle sailing over the canyon, redbud blooming
and wildflowers.

Rode bareback to the creek, tied Ashley to graze and dozed on the riverbank
in the sun-only sounds were birds, wind in the trees and rushing creek
below. Horses grazed a bit, and back we went-it was paradise. All the oaks
are leafing out; green grass and blue sky and clean air.

Days like this remind me it is worth all the slogging through mud with
buckets of beetpulp over the winter; and cleaning stalls.

Karen