Outlaw Trail

After receiving "Grandfather" status within the Grand StairCase Escalante
Monument in July 1999 we were informed Nov. 23rd there would be several
additional restrictions, regulations and requirements to hold our historic
event.  This March 15th after yet one more meeting, Crockett and I have
decided to "re-route" some of the trails rather than butt heads with the
BLM.

The Outlaw Trail is permitted for September 25-29, 2000.  Head Vet will be
Dr. Bruce King.

Ol' Man Bender (aka Andy Bender) and the "Kid" of New Mexico fame (aka
Adrean Sturgess) will ride manage for Butch & Etta's escape!  The "Kid"
threatens to ride as does the famous Outlaw Vet Tom Parker, but you are sure
to see both of these characters at the roost!

Base Camp will be Chris Lake Trail Head, day one's old finish ride camp.

The adventure and the historic trails will continue and some nice
improvements will compliment your experience.  Lunch will be provided each
day, horse water, horse treats (apples, carrots, bran mash) and certified
hay at the vet checks.

Ride Management will shuttle rigs from Chris Lake to Escalante, so drivers
are not required.  It is good to invite your favorite crew person as the OT
is still a challenge and seeing your crew at the vet checks can be mighty
rewarding.  We always need P&R help so special considerations will be made
for those of you who help out on our great adventure!

Ride Management will request a signed request to have your rig moved.  All
rigs to be moved must be ready to move (your corrals, buckets, bales and
extra horse loaded, etc.) with the keys in the ignition!

The first 3 days will be on the Dixie National Forest with loops returning
to Chris Lake Trail Head (old ride camp and finish for day one).  Day 4
riders will head out over the Slickrock and via Boulder Mail Trail to
Escalante and Desert Downs.  Day 5 will take riders to secret passageways
and trails of Ebenezer Bryce and the Powell Expedition.

A grand trails end Awards Banquet will be held just 3 blocks from Desert
Downs at the Circle D restaurant.

Chris Lake Trail Head has NO services, but the town of Boulder has a
wonderful country motel, food and gift shop, "Poles Place", gas station and
Country (very small) store.  Escalante has a great food and dry goods store,
"Griffins", and 4 motels, several convenience stores, RV park & showers,
beverage & Bunkhouse, and a full service gas (& repair) station plus a IFA
farm store.

If you would like a complete Utah Vacation Guide you can call Utah State
Travel Council 800-200-1160.  OR..... simply send me your name, address,
email address enclosed with one dollar ($1 BUCK) and I will send you maps,
brochures and all the 800 numbers and emails I have on file.  Your request
puts your name into a drawing for an Outlaw Trail Historical Ride Video
(professional edited & produced).  Drawing will be held at the pre-ride
meeting September 24, 2000.

Watch our Web Site www.outlawtrail.com for a complete ride update April 15th
(easy date to remember!!!).  Entry forms can be printed from the web site
and for specific questions please email us at outdumas@color-country.net

Pre-entry discount is AUGUST 15th.

Crockett and I are so happy to be able to continue the "Outlaw Legacy" and
personally invite you to join our adventure. Those of you who missed the
original trail have the memories, now come and ride more of this incredible
Canyonland Country!

Happy Outlaw Trails!
Butch & Etta

Outlaw Trail Historical Endurance Ride
PO Box 470
240W 600N Pine Creek Lane
Escalante, UT   84726
otdumas@color-country.net
www.outlawtrail.com

p.s.  yes..... we have a phone but I am either on the web or not around to
answer it....... email is best, snail mail is good!