.....and now for something completely different

Okay, enough about bone density, size and training......let me describe Lake County,
Calif. in the springtime.  Put the two babies and good old reliable Ashley in the trailer, two dogs and hauled down to Cache creek. 45min walk up gorgeous trail over ridge to creek.  Incredible views of creek canyon, rushing creek below, bald Eagle sailing over the canyon, redbud blooming and wildflowers.

Rode bareback to the creek, tied Ashley to graze and dozed on the riverbank in the sun-only sounds were birds, wind in the trees and rushing creek below. Horses grazed a bit, and back we went-it was paradise. All the oaks are leafing out; green grass and blue sky and clean air.

Days like this remind me it is worth all the slogging through mud with buckets of beetpulp over the winter; and cleaning stalls.

Karen