Re: RC: bone size vs bone density/also pictures

You might want to conceder the other advantages that Arabs have over other
breeds.  The right type of mussel twitch, lighter type of bone, 2 less
vertebras for stronger back, two less ribs for larger lungs, less hoof and
leg problems, larger & looser wind pipes, and larger nostrils for air in
take.  You have to look for a horse that is built and made for long distance.
 Think about a long distance runner Vs and weight builder in humans.  This is
the difference you will be looking for.  As far as larger bones that is only
one factor.  My husbands and my horse are not what you call large boned
horses.

Tammy Robinson & Katie Bar The Door: 1st PS Lightweight for 1998, 1999 with
almost 3800 miles in 3 years.  She is 15 hands, 8 years old and sm. boned.

Charlie Robinson & Ima Liberated Lady: 1st PS Heavyweight for 1998, 1999 with
3910 miles to date in 3 years, with 1125 miles in mulitdays for 1999. Took
1st overall National heavyweight for 1999.  She is 15.1 7 years old, med.
boned.

These horses are still going for this year of 2000.