Rabies [it's over now]

Final note from my sister Dede....

By the way, Paul says:  These scenarios are why we live way out in the boondocks.  My political views lean towards anarchy (the anarchy of personal & individual responsibility).   At the first sighting, I would have filled the animal with so much lead it could be sold for scrap.  Sigh.

O.k, so first thing this a.m. I got in touch with the Health Dept. They
said they were not interested in testing the animal because they already
know there are rabies in the county. They did apologize for the lack of
response- there is a list of people from the dept. to contact after
hours but somebody (or in this case quite a few) screwed up and did not
refer us to these people. So I ask, now what do we do with this thing?.
Bury it, she says. Your problem. After I took a short time looking into
the phone receiver I wondered why I bothered to go through all this, and
realized that the idea of living here any longer than we have to would
be not only stupid, but dangerous! We have contaminated water, stupid
people and health departments that apparently don't even know what
'health risk' means. Duh...

Lif & Paul Strand
  STRAND ENTERPRISES   www.fasterhorses.com
providing you with alternatives for health, horsemanship, the internet & your life
Arabian Horses for Distance Riding
Internet Research * Web Design * Fine Art
Blue-Green Algae & other complementary health options