Re: RC: Tether systems(ie. Skyhooks)

In a message dated 3/26/00 7:10:49 PM Pacific Standard Time,
TeriLyons@aol.com writes:

<< When I saw the ads for the tether systems, my first thought was "Duh, why
 didn't I think of that?"  I am looking for feedback from people who have
 tried them - I have seen two brands advertised, with about $100 difference
in
 price.  Is the more expensive one of better quality or design?  I have not
 seen either in person.  Your opinions would be appreciated.

I eventually bought the Tralor Tie system.  Not because of price, (difference
is roughly $70) but because I felt that it provided a greater range of motion
for the horse. I used it at the Geo Bun Buster ride a couple of weeks ago and
I'm never going back.  This is a really great, safe device for the horse.  I
hung and pulled  on the Tralor Tie after it was installed and couldn't budge
or bend it.  neither of my horses are pullers though, so we (please God) will
never have to test that aspect of its safety.  A number of people who
wandered by asked me how I liked my new Tralor Tie -- it was a good
conversation starter.  One guy told me that he thought my horse could pull
the trailer over (this is a big trailer with a dressing room).  I said, "well
at least if he does, he won't be dragging it through camp, eh?"  To me the
only difference between the two systems was the length of the "arm" that
extends away from the trailer and I really liked the lengthier version
available in the Tralor Tie system.  Also, I couldn't see the point of the
"guide wires" that were required with the Sky Hook ('course I could have
missed a point or two on that).  Just my opinion and experience.

Sylvia