Re: RC: Re: Dance Line

In a message dated 3/24/00 8:08:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
fasterhorses@gilanet.com writes:

<< I just read somewhere that a study showed that people using exercise
 equipment while watching a TV tended to lose their form.  That they started
 leaning forward on their hands more & held tighter to the handles of
 whatever equipment they were using.  When I said a while back "ride your
 horse, not your heart monitor", that's what I meant.  When a person is
 focusing on equipment, he/she tends to not relax and soften into feeling
 the big picture.  Perhaps not the best explanation on my part, but it's
 right along with what Tamara wrote.  Lif >>

I'm sure that when the first speedometers and tachometers were put into cars,
people were crashing into telephone poles. And when instruments were put into
airplanes, some were crashing into rooftops. When they put TVs in both, even
more accidents will occur--as they are now with cell phones.

And I'm sure that one of the first race car drivers to get a tach told his
crew that he didn't like it because he could already hear what the engine was
doing. Must be some kind of Capitalist conspiracy that every race car now has
a tach.

ti