Re: RC: Ford Turbo Diesal Computer Upgrade

In a message dated 03/21/2000 2:06:26 AM Eastern Standard Time,
hought@humboldt1.com writes:

<<
 Go Power Stroke, you're #1.  That should stimulate some spontanious,
objective discourse.  Have fun guys.

 Cyu,

 Eric Hought
 www.hought.com
 hought@humboldt1.com

Hello Eric,

When I bought my 550 I had a chip put in from the get go.  I do know that the
fuel mileage is not good and last week we went from NC to Cal and back after
picking up a mule and blew the turbo out in Texas.  We had 8,000 miles on the
truck.  The power is unbelievable but if you are running over 55 miles an
hour the turbo is engaged.  I was told there is a splitter you can put on the
transmission which will bring down the RPMS and improve the fuel mileage.  I
love the power stroke but once you break down you get and uneasy feeling.
Take care and hopes this helps.

Phil