Ford Turbo Diesal Computer Upgrade

Alright Truck Fans, for the good of the order.  What do you know about the computer chip upgrade for the Power Strokes?  I have heard that it increases the horsepower by 50 and increases the torque.

Question #1-  What effect does it have on the around town mileage?  When pulling under  load?

Question #2-  Is there an adverse effect upon the engine over a long period of time?

Question #3-  What is your basis of information?

I would appreciate any information anyone has.  I am considering the upgrade and would like input.

Go Power Stroke, you're #1.  That should stimulate some spontanious, objective discourse.  Have fun guys.

Cyu,

Eric Hought
www.hought.com
hought@humboldt1.com