tips for cribbing

I am looking for advice on cribbing.My 5 year old gelding started cribbing last year after being stalled for 6 weeks recovering from surgery at MSU.  Initially he may have did it for boredom, then maybe pain control but now it is a big problem.  I have a miracle collar on him at all times, but he has figured out ways around that. ( He will crib and suck wind) He will go for wood that is low enough the collar isn't effective or just tolerate the discomfort it causes f he is determined. the collar is 1-11/3 yrs old, so I plan to replace it soon.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated- I would like to have a 10 yr old gellding with teeth!!!    montie schutz        e-mail montie@voyager.net