Re: RC: Girth on Sports Saddle

Beth, one of the problems with a treeless saddle is that they can still have
fit problems.  Sliding up onto the withers is a typical sysmptom of a saddle
that does not fit the horse.  In our case the saddle was too narrow, and it
tried to find a narrower place on the horse's back.  Once I found the right
tree tofit my horse's back, the problem went away.  It is also true about the
cinch spot on their belly.  The sport saddles I've seen fit like a western
saddle, with the front of the saddle going over the horse's shoulder blade.
Maybe you are trying to position it like an english saddle, and placing it
too far back.  Good luck, jeri