Re: RC: It's an Arabian question

Susan,

The 3 ARabs I've had love to stretch.  Stretching the hind leg out behind is
a favorite.  Tempo's mom, Kadance+/, had several other stretches, including
stretching out the back of the neck by raising her head high & then bending
strongly at the poll & raising her belly at the same time.  She often would
stretch out her front legs like a dog --- rocking back on her hindquarter
while stretching out her front legs in front of her, sort of like a 2 legged
bow --- one time I actually saw her laying on the ground with the 2 front
legs stretched out in front, again, more like you would see a dog lay down.
Tempo & Farafix like to stretch their necks down as they trot down the trail,
sometimes it looks (from the saddle!) that they must have their noses just
inches from the ground -- course I have to be careful that it doesn't become
a trick to get more rein to then break into a gallop (those Arabs are also
pret-ty clever!).

Nancy
Md