Re: egg bar shoes / Marathon horse shoe

Maggie Mieske wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
> Perhaps I missed your original post...I read this one to Nelson.  He was
> wondering if the twisting is causing a problem for your horse?  Does it
> hurt his hips?  Hocks? What kind of horse is he?  He is 11 years old now.
> If the only problem is that he wears his shoes out fast but goes fine
> otherwise, you might create a bigger problem if you try to correct it at
> this stage of his life.  If the problem is related to poor trimming or
> shoeing, then there might be a possibility to correct it but if it is due
> to some conformational defect on the horse's part and this twist is his way
> of compensating for some other problem, you could lame your horse in a
> heartbeat trying to "fix" him.
>
> Maggie Mieske
> Mieske's Silver Lining
> 10601 S. Richards Rd.
> McBain, Michigan 49657
> http://www.netonecom.net/~mmieske
> mmieske@netonecom.net

Hi Maggie,

no, the twisting is not causing any problems (till now...). He just wearing his
shoes off very quick. Especially when we are trying some plastic-types. I have
been test-rider for Mustad as well as for Olloev and have tried the Marathons,
but Ninja is "killing" them all. When riding with Werkman iron shoes, they last
for about 200 or 300 miles.
Oh, and you are wrong with his age, he is 13 (in two months), the "11" is part
of his registered name "Ninja 11" ;-)

Happy trails,

Wolfgang + Ninja 11
Germany