Re: eye issues

Well, that is what I am wondering about...plain eye ointments.  Seems to me
from what I read, the only difference between the generic triple antibiotic
ointment (like Neosporin) was the hydrocortisone and there was only half
the units of one of the sulfates...something like that.  I'll have to go
look again.  I did use the eye stuff on Jonathan twice...there was no eye
injury as we flushed those eye boogers to their final damnation over and
over until we could SEE the eye.  The inner eyelid was definitely
irritated.  I don't know if just the flushing is what helped or if the
ointment made a difference.  We didn't use it the first day and it was
still swollen and icky the next day.  After we used the oinment, it was
improved within 12 hours and continued to improve all day yesterday until
his eye was almost all the way open.  Thanks for all the helpful advice
everybody...I will definitely take note about hydrocortisone (quite
honestly I didn't realize it had any until I started comparing
ingredients!).

Maggie Mieske
Mieske's Silver Lining
10601 S. Richards Rd.