input for strength training for a broken ankle (mine)

Hi Ridecampers,

In October I did a stupid thing, trying to lead my horse over a mucky stream
by his halter only...he balked I lost balance and end result ....ankle broken
in multiple places, surgery and slow healing....have a soft gel cast now..and
in hopes of loosing that on my visit to DR next week ......

Have started doing light ring work,  15 min at a time.
ANY input would be appreciated!!!!!!
DR is not a horseperson and has no clue.
Have been doing my excersises from PT ....

I would like to get strength back .....and I know it will take time ..

Thanks in advance....
Dee