Re: RC: x-factor/heart scores

I have heard Ti say that following a race it is not very surprising to
see the winner is of a certain sire or bloodline and he has discussed
the importance of natural ability, such as what we are discussing now
with x-factors. What I interpret Ti as saying, and as a stallion owner I
agree with 100% is that you can have all the natural ability of the
world and it does no good unless properly developed AND I cannot say my
stallion's offspring will be winners just because they have inherited
certain characteristics (much as I would like to do so). I know how
important it is for me to get them in the right hands in order to
potentiate (I think I just coined a new word, my spell-check tells me)
what they have. That is why I have sold many for less than it cost me to
feed them because I believed in the person who was purchasing them (a
case in point-- Red Shield Equestrian in conjunction with Donna
Snyder-Smith). I knew that my 2 Halynov sons would have the best
training available with that facility because I believed in Frank's and
Donna's programs. I made the same offer to Sergio and Lara in Italy for
that very same reason.
Champions are not BRED; they are MADE! I just happen to know that
Halynov's offspring are some of the finest "RAW MATERIALS" available. (I
may be a little biased in that opinion. <BG>) I don't really see a
dichotomy of the 2 opinions being expressed here; perhaps just a
difference in priorities and emphasis.
Bette
Bette Lamore
Whispering Oaks Arabians, Home of TLA Halynov
http://www.stormnet.com/~woa
I've learned that life is like a roll of toilet paper, the closer it
gets to the end, the faster it goes. Smell the roses!