Re: RC: x-factor/heart scores

In a message dated 3/5/00 8:02:29 AM Pacific Standard Time, Tivers@aol.com
writes:

<< I'm trying to talk HHST into doing it--we've used it in TB racehorses and
as
 a broad culling tool, it's quite useful. There are some who will never
become
 athletes, despite their pedigree, straight legs, etc., strictly due to the
 fact that they have no "engine". >>

Actually, in the case of x-factor heart scores, it is BECAUSE of pedigree
that they have no engine--the problem is that one has to look at pedigree in
terms of what traits are in there, not in terms of what happened to have been
made a famous name by hype and advertising.

Heidi