Re: RC: Re: can you say tent?

Angie,

You brought up a good point that I have often think about...

Do you know that people in the same regions barely know each other.
I am now 29, my mother started me riding w/ her in a backpack type carrier;
only in front of her at 6 mths.  Then at the ripe old age of 3 I got my "VERY
OWN PONY," yippee happiest kid on earth.  I think I was 6 when my mother went
to her first Endurance Ride... Well, at the age of 8 I was doing endurance on
my own... No, I am no "Big Wig" with lots of titles. I am just one of the
poor folk still enjoying the sport after 21 years. I took a 9 year leave to
be a mother, but never got out of the Endurance part so to speak, I just
became "PIT CREW," now with my own back pack... lol Let me tell you it is
cool to ride again.  OK, here is my point.

When I was younger, there was ALWAYS a camp fire after the ride... Hell I was
the luckiest kid on earth, I knew everyone it seemed like... And now being an
adult and wanting to enjoy the fire time... hell everyone goes to bed... no
stories, no ride experiences ... just good night... I love this sport not
only for the fun, frustrations, fears, adrenaline, challenge etc.  But I
always loved it because it was like haven' an extended family.. And God for
bid if your riding attire don't match ... (man they used to call my dad "Tin
Man", lets just say our family was fond of Duct Tape.. lol)
wow this sport has changed and even if no one else wants to enjoy the fire
and relax under the stars and have a nice cold drink, fine so be it.  My
opinion is there is always room at my fire for any of my Endurance friends.
Just bring a chair or a bucket...

Happy Trails all!
And always check out the scenery, God is the only one who knows how long we
got on this earth.  Cant think of any greater way to see it then on the back
of Best Buddy. Or going down the trail with good friends.
Jinnifer & Savage