camper/motorhome

Jolynn Maynard jolmayna@whitepine.k12.nv.us
I have pulled four and two horse trailers with a 10'6" Lance Camper for over 150,000 miles.  I prefred this rig because I could camp near my horses (this was high school rodeo). I could see them out of my window by the bed.  I drove an F350, four door, dually with sway bars and never had any problems to speak of including driving in 60 mile an hour winds.

The advantage of a camper is that I take it off and can use my truck and trailer without the live in part for day to day use.  In NV we don't have to register a camper so don't have to pay the extra money for that.

I thought very seriously about purchasing a new trailer with living quarters so my husband wouldn't have to help me load the camper but just did not want to pull a big heavy trailer around when I just was going for the day.  We also like to go to the lake without horses occasionally or hiking in Southern Utah.

During our high school rodeo years, motor homes were popular at first but now you rarely see them.  My freinds said they were too slow, gas hogs, and wind resistant.

Now that I travel to endurance rides alone (without daughter and many clothes for rodeo) I would like to sell my big Lance and get a 8 foot Lance so that I don't need the extended hitch.  I think it will be a little lighter and faster to hook up.

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-