Weight Gain(or lack thereof!!)

Denise Jenkins seeherfly@earthlink.net
Hi Everyone,

Well, I've had Cayenne back for a month now and the boarding stable
owners are concerned he isn't gaining weight fast enough:(  I
know my horse and he is slow to gain.  His teeth are fine, he is
wormed and I am supplementing him with dynamite each day.  Thing
is, they are feeding grass hay from right around here(North Willamette
Valley, and dry cobb.  But 2 days ago the owner told me she put
him on Allegra instead of the dry cobb because as I said, they
think he should be gaining weight faster.  He is out to pasture
during the day and gets to graze also. They are worried because he
paces his stall in the evenings(we don't know if this goes on all
night or not but I doubt that, but, I've been wrong before.) I suspect
the supplements might be making him hot and I can't ride him yet
to burn some of the energy off.  I guess I just want to hear what
some of you think??  I think he is fine and it seems like they are
telling me what to do with my horse which I really appreciate
help but I think they might be wrong about some of this like how
fast he should gain weight, should he eat allegra along with
dynamite???  I don't know,  signed, discouraged one more time.
Denise

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-