RE: shoeing, mud and the traction debate

Melinda Balint melinda@equithotics.com
On this mud riding /shoeing question- Mud is Mud and traction in
mud is debateable at best! It has been proven for years that some
horses handle mud much better than others. Does anyone remember
the old racetrack term "He is a good Mudder"? Races were won
because one horse could handle the muddy track better.
 No horseshoe works in every situation. If it did there would
not be the huge selection of horseshoe traction studs on the
market or horseshoe nails such as duratrak or frost nails or
carbide rods or nuggets or horseshoes made with heel and toe
caulks or other adaptations.... Choosing the right shoe for
that horse at that race in the conditions of that day is all
part of the racing strategy. It keeps us all guessing and humble.
Sign me "Does anyone have any traction ideas for my mud boots?"

Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-Ý-