E Z Boots

I finally had Marc fitted with boots for Silver State this year.    I have
always just slowed down for the rocks.  Ask anyone, you simply can't ride
that way on some of these rides.   We only did one day at Silver State, but
sore feet were not the issue.

Then we were off to Death Valley.   We rode all four days here last year in
plain shoes, finished, slightly sore footed, but not bad considering the
rocks.   But we had to move so slow, we finished in the dark 3 of the four
days......makes for really long rides.

This year I put on our new (ok, only 50 miles on them) red EZ Boots.   I
didn't take them off every night.  I was afraid they would stretch out and
not stay on.    Well, I had to pry them off when we got home.   They are all
rounded off at the toes now.  I can't believe that I made him do this ride
last year with out pads or any thing.   I prefer the EZ Boots to the idea of
pads because it is wet here at home and I didn't want to tear up his feet
pulling pads off of brand new shoes.

By the way, one boot twisted maybe 10 degrees (then back on it's own) but We
didn't loose one.    Marc never looked twice at them.   Never interfered.
Boy the abuse these things took on the rocks.   We finished in the daylight
each day due solely to being able to move faster over questionable trail.
There were still sections of trail that you had to walk, just not as much.

One friend came up to do this ride.    Says she will never complain about
the rock at Mt Laguna again!!!!     :-))

Becky Hackworth
and Tezmarc (AKA Marc)    I'm finally a real endurance horse, I have my
first 1000 miles now.