Re: RC: upward fixation of the patellas

My horse had this condition.

It did not improve with exersise despite being schooled every day and he
ended up slipping in his stable whilst his legs were locked and injuring his
shoulder so I had him operated on with 100% success.

I beilive the op is now frownded upon as it may contribute to athritis at a
later date.

I know some one else whose horse has the same condtion but it improved with
exercise for her. Some youngstock out grow the conditionas the mature.

I would sugest that the best bet would be to warn the purchaser, advise them
to give the horse time to develop and begin ridden exercise. If it doesnt
improve only then should they consider the op.

Good luck.

Tamara

P.s. I admire the fact that you ahve been open about the condition. Many
people are not. My horse passed his vetting and I only 'discovered ' the
condition soem days after purchase. it scared hell out of me as I thought he
had broke his leg!